The Ironmongers’ Company wishes to support projects that provide opportunities for disadvantaged children and young people to fulfil their potential.
Grants are only given to registered charities. Projects must meet all of the following criteria:
- For children and young people under the age of 25 who are disadvantaged
- Consist of educational activities that develop learning, motivation and skills
- Have clear aims and objectives to be met within a planned timescale
- Are within the UK
The Company is looking for projects that deliver clearly defined educational benefits to a specific group of children or young people. Items of equipment will be considered only where a full explanation is given of how they will support this activity.
The Company is particularly interested in enabling primary age children to develop a strong foundation for the future. Projects could, for example, support special educational needs, address behavioural problems or promote citizenship, parenting or life skills. Preference will be given to projects piloting new approaches where the outcomes will be disseminated to a wider audience.
- Grants range from a few hundred pounds up to around £10,000. The average grant awarded is £4,000.
- Grants must be spent within twelve months from the date of the award.
- Recipients are expected to submit a written evaluation report within three months from completion of the project.
- The Company’s support should make a recognisable difference, therefore preference will be given to requests where the grant would cover a significant element of the cost and to those from smaller organisations.