VS6 is a partnership of 11 support organisations working with the 8,600 voluntary, community, faith and social enterprise (VCFSE) groups operating across our Liverpool City Region (LCR).
VS6 is made up of the following organisations:
- Community Action Wirral
- Halton & St Helens VCA
- One Knowsley
- Liverpool CVS
- Merseyside Youth Association
- Network for Europe
- Sefton CVS
- Together Liverpool
- Community Foundations for Lancashire & Merseyside
- VOLA Consortium
What do we do?
We work together to champion the vital role our sector does and could play in the future of the City Region, while seeking to shape local policy and implementation for the benefit of our communities.
How do we do this?
VCFSE support organisations have collectively engaged with public and private sector partners on a City Region level since 2004. In 2015, we formally launched the VS6 partnership in order to provide a voice, platform and action model for VCFSE participation.
We’re focused on driving positive change by connecting the VCFSE sector with our developing city region. Together, we have links to 8,600 organisations across the six boroughs, and aim to support these groups – many integral to our communities – to collectively influence decision making:
- Offering solutions to some of the most challenging economic issues facing our City Region
- Driving community-centred approaches to transforming health and well-being
- Providing a single point of contact for the city’s VCFSE sector
We have a vision that our city will be:
- The most vibrant, ‘happening’, equal region in the country, where people feel connected and included
- Where success is shared and measured through both economic, health and social outcomes
- A family-friendly city where people have a work life balance
- Driven by a sustainable, economic strategy that leads on innovation and creativity
- A place where large employers want to bring their businesses
- Where everyone can have a job, progress in work, develop a successful career and improve their prosperity
- A region where small and large organisations work together to enable people to thrive; and
- Where the VCFSE sector, and its potential, is better understood and seen as essential to a thriving, inclusive economy
Together we’re developing a new culture of partnership and collaboration across the City Region, ensuring a future that has communities at the heart of our City Region.Rev Canon Dr Ellen Loudon, Independent VS6 Chair
If you would like to learn more about VS6, contact Boo Stone on email@example.com or 0151 353 9700.