Community Action: Wirral promotes, supports, engages and involves the amazing work happening in and around Wirral communities. We can help you engage with local communities whether you are part of a community, charity, group, company or an individual looking to make a difference! We aim to keep you up to date with everything that is happening in Wirral’s third sector, from community events to funding that you might be able to access. Part of our work is to help connect community groups to local volunteers, which can help make your community thrive. Voluntary and Community organisations play a vital role, creating opportunities and Connecting People to participate in community life and to support each other, and Creating Change in the lives of people in the community and those community organisations. We are uniquely placed to provide an overview of the third sector in Wirral. As well as offering practical support to groups getting started or already established, this organisation is also the conduit between the third sector and the public and private sectors. The bespoke database that we hold enables us to target relevant information and training. We report on trends such as how much funding the sector raises from external funders, how many volunteers there are in Wirral and how many people the sector, as a whole, employs. If you would like our unique independent assistance then don’t hesitate to contact us because we will do everything in our power to make your community venture possible, we will provide high-quality information, advice and guidance so that groups and organisations can develop solutions in collaboration with the private and public sectors, making a positive difference to local people.
- What’s it like to go sailing from a visually impaired person’s point of view?
- Funding for Digital – Fat BeeHive Foundation
- Wirral Libraries set to launch an order and collect service
- The Girls Network are recruiting a Network Manager for Merseyside
- Grant opportunity for Wirral VCSEs to deliver Family Coaching
- Wirral Council Green Corridor Project
- Host a prison officer for a free work placement
- Relaxation of rules on charity AGMs and governance due to end on 30 September 2020
- The Callister Trust are excited to open their gardens to visitors for Heritage Weekend 2020
- Volunteer Development Manager opportunity at Tam O’Shanter Farm