Liscard Town Centre Community Grant Scheme – Applications accepted until midday Monday 19th July 2021
Wirral Council are inviting proposals from Wirral-based community and voluntary sector groups and socially trading organisations to deliver an exciting array of community projects, involving local residents of Liscard.
Project delivery will need to take place between September and mid-December 2021.
In order to support Liscard communities to thrive, the scheme aims to:
- improve the places and spaces that matter to the local community, raising civic pride and identity in the town and creating a more animated, confident and vibrant town centre
- increase residents’ involvement, participation and ownership of local activities
- build the capacity and resilience of the community and voluntary sector based locally
- support a range of diversionary activities for local young people including sports and cultural activities
Proposals could focus on any of the following types of activities:
- Memory, oral history and story-telling projects: involving local community groups and families in Liscard
- Community heritage activities
- Art and photography exhibitions, installations, competitions
- Socially distanced interactive theatre, drama, dance activities
- Youth diversionary initiatives, such as sports, arts, media and cultural activities
- Projects to improve the local environment and outdoor community spaces or the public realm
How much funding is available?
One-off revenue grants of up to £10,000 are available to eligible Wirral-based community and voluntary sector groups and socially trading organisations.
Who can apply?
The Grant Programme is open to a wide range of applicants:
- existing community or voluntary sector organisation based in Wirral which is already working with the community in Liscard
- socially trading organisation/CIC/social enterprise or education establishment working in youth/arts/sports/wellbeing sectors and based on the Wirral.
- Individual sole traders cannot apply directly but can apply through working together with a local constituted organisation. This may be an option If you are a sole trader in the creative sector who is already working with a local group based in Liscard. Applications need to be made by the constituted partner organisation.
Further detailed information about eligibility, grant guidance and the on-line application form can be found at www.wirral.gov.uk/liscard
Applications close soon – midday Monday 19th July