Wirral Foodbank is a local based charity providing emergency food to local people in crisis. In 2020, we fed and supported over 14,000 people.
The jobholder will assist the Warehouse Manager and volunteers to ensure that all areas of the Warehouse for Wirral Foodbank are run efficiently.
- The successful applicant should ideally have experience in warehouse operations and working with volunteers.
- Working as part of team and ability to carry out manual work are essential.
- The job involves manual lifting and moving of crates, with individual weights in excess of 20kgs. The job holder must be capable of this and ideally have experience in such environments.
- At busier times of the year it may be necessary to work additional hours.
- Good oral communication
- Outgoing and able to build strong relationships with staff and volunteers
- Clean driving licence
- Work independently and unsupervised Numerate
- Passionate about tackling poverty and working with people from disadvantaged, marginalised, or socially excluded backgrounds
- Honesty and integrity
- Sympathetic to the ethos of the Foodbank as a Christian organisation which welcomes people of all faiths and none
Hourly rate: £9.64 per hour (subject to annual increase in line with the Real Living Wage)
Part-time: 20 hours per week
Holidays: 20 days per annum
Initial 12-month contract
For an application form please contact Richard Roberts, General Manager, Wirral Foodbank on 07518034579 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for application: 9th August 2021
Interviews: week commencing 16th August 2021
Proposed start date: Monday 6th September 2021
Job Description: Warehouse Assistant
Responsible to the Warehouse Manager
To assist Warehouse Manager and volunteers to ensure that all areas of the Warehouse for Wirral Foodbank are run efficiently.
- Advise and support volunteers in warehouse operations.
- Work alongside volunteers collecting food donated by the community.
- Work alongside volunteers sorting, packing and rotating stock and disposing of unusable items. o Work alongside volunteers issuing and delivering of food to distribution centres.
- Follow warehousing processes and procedures in accordance with The Trussell Trust Foodbank Operating Manual.
- Comply with statutory requirements and good practice in relation to Health & Safety and Environmental Health.
- Assist in monitoring stock levels. o Assist at annual stock take.
- Deputise for Warehouse Manager when required.