Survivors Manchester is extremely proud to be rolling out their OUT Spoken Talking Therapy Service across the North West Prison estate and they’re looking for a number of qualified counsellors / psychotherapists to join their team and provide individuals with a safe space to heal, grow and change their future.
Senior Trauma Informed Therapist (OUT Spoken) x 3
£29,000 – £33,000
- 1 x based in Greater Manchester
- 1 x based in Cheshire/Merseyside
- 1 x based in Cumbria/Lancashire
Benefits include 22 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays + birthday leave + sick pay uplift; pension contribution; monthly clinical supervision; annual flu jab; plus more great employee benefits and discount schemes
Survivors Manchester has been providing therapeutic and advocacy support services to male survivors of sexual abuse, rape and sexual exploitation in Greater Manchester for over 12 years and for the past 10 years we have been proud to work within the secure estate across the North West, supporting male survivors in prison.
Following the success of our current offer, we are now excited to be working across the whole of the North West in all prisons and have developed the OUT Spoken Talking Therapy Service. Not only are we able to provide a counselling/psychotherapy service in each prison but also commit to a ‘through the gate’ level of support. The OUT Spoken Talking Therapy service uses our long experience of dealing with trauma, taken from our in-depth knowledge of sexual abuse, rape and sexual exploitation, and gives individuals wishing to address their own trauma an opportunity to work with a member of our trauma-informed therapy team to go on their own healing journey to create change.
As one of our Senior Trauma Informed Therapy team, you will be an essential part of the clinical governance and administration of the service, whilst being an essential part of the client’s own journey as their therapist.
Whilst working in a Prison environment may be seen as a challenging environment, every member of our team stands firmly on the belief in creating the opportunity for change, and values the honour of being part of an individuals journey in healing from trauma, often a key root factor in offending behaviour.
To support the governance of and deliver our quality assured trauma-informed therapeutic services to primary and secondary beneficiaries in Greater Manchester.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead peer-mentoring support to trauma-informed therapists.
- Deliver trauma-informed therapeutic services by maintaining a caseload.
- Contribute to relevant interdepartmental meetings to support a multidisciplinary approach to care.
- Lead accurate clinical record keeping of therapeutic service interventions.
- Lead the administration of therapeutic services waiting lists, including client addition checks.
- Support the Clinical Lead to ensure all staff are observing processes and protocols of working within the prison environment and the OUT Spoken Service.
- Support the Clinical Lead with tasks for quality assurance, accountability, and evaluation of the service.
- Undertake specific therapeutic projects as directed by the Senior Management Team.
General Role Requirements
- Positively represent Survivors Manchester at all times and in all environments.
- Play a part in developing and maintaining a respectful and positive working environment across the workforce; and support all colleagues to engage in cross discipline team working.
- Participation in the development and implementation of continuous service improvement.
- Accurately record all information in the relevant and appropriate management or storage systems.
- Provide a polite, courteous and professional response to all inbound communications via electronic communications, telephone or in person, accurately recording any messages or follow on actions.
- Be responsible for reporting any concerns for the safety of an individual or damaged/faulty equipment using Survivors Manchester’s ratified procedures.
For more information on how to apply, click here.
Closing date is 12:00pm on 29 July 2021
Completed applications, Diversity Monitoring form, GDPR Privacy Notice and Consent to Check forms should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by the deadline.