The Ubele Initiative is the national partner for this sector. They can help to explain the programme, support you with applications to join it, and will have a key role in helping successful applicants to progress their ideas and grow their enterprise activity.
|Tuesday 8 June 2021||Stage 1 Applications Open|
|Tuesday 6 July 2021 – Midday||Stage 1 Applications Close|
|Tuesday 27 July 2021 – Midday||Stage 2 Applications Close|
Eligibility Criteria for Black and Minoritised Communities sector applicants
- Legally constituted charity, voluntary sector organisation, or social enterprise
- All organisations applying to the progamme must also be able to demonstrate that they are an eligible charity or social enterprise. This means that organisations need to:
- Have a clear social mission
- Distribute less than 50% of post-tax profits and reinvest at least 51% of surpluses into pursuing their social mission, and
- Have a constitutional or contractual lock on their social mission, dividend and surplus distribution policy (also known as an Asset Lock)
- You are a registered Black and Minoritised community led, charity, CIC, or a company limited by guarantee who invests any surplus for social purpose to support work with Black and minoritised communities
- Has been operating as a registered company / charity for at least 2 years
- Can evidence current trading activities, which require support / development, or
- Commitment from senior management and the Board to pilot / test a coherent trading idea
- You can demonstrate evidence of trading or are actively looking to diversify and grow income through trading.
- You have the staff capacity and support of the board of trustees to engage fully with the programme.
- You can commit to playing an active part in contributing to the shared learning within the enterprise movement network.
- Your beneficiaries are from one of the following regions: Humber and Yorkshire, London, the Midlands, the North West or South West of England.
The key contact at the Ubele Initiative will be updated after a period of recruitment. In the meantime, please contact Yvonne Field, Founder and CEO (email@example.com) with any questions.