An exciting vacancy has arisen for a Support Centre Manager to join our brand new Wirral Support Centre at the SVP. We are looking for an individual who is passionate about helping people in need and enhancing the local community. The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running, overall management and financial sustainability of the centre.
Working Hours = You will be contracted to work 30 hours per week with a view to increase to 37.5 in the future
Location = Wirral Support Centre
Contract = Permanent
Salary = £28,000 – £30,000 per annum (pro rata) depending on experience
Benefits Package = 33 days holiday (pro rata) per year inclusive of bank holidays increasing to 38 days with service, competitive pension scheme, employee assistant programme, retail discounts, birthday day off, buy / sell holiday scheme, enhanced maternity pay and lots more.
YOUR MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Co-ordinate, generate and oversee all services including supporting marketing and fundraising activities
- Develop and deliver a sustainable strategy, budget and plan for the centre
- Develop internal/external relationships with key stakeholders
- Manage all paid staff at the centre, including all relevant HR responsibilities
- Responsible for the recruitment, management and training of volunteers
- Ensure SVP working procedures are established and that safe systems are in place with any potential safeguarding concerns being immediately reported/escalated
- Ensure there are necessary monitoring/evaluation procedures and that all relevant statistics are available in compliance with the project specification
TO BE SUCCESSFUL IN THIS ROLE, YOU’LL NEED:
- First-hand experience of organising, delivering and evaluating support centre activities
- A good understanding of general policies and procedures including safeguarding, HR, etc.
- Good knowledge of local community needs and demographics
- Excellent verbal, listening and written communication skills
- Proven time management skills
- Exceptional people skills with patience and empathy for vulnerable people
It is desirable that the candidate can demonstrate the following –
- Experience in fundraising and marketing
- Be able to comply with confidentiality and data protection policies
- Experience of working with people affected by drug or alcohol abuse
In return we’ll provide you with the opportunity to work for a welcoming organisation that offers support and guidance.
HOW TO APPLY:
If you feel you have the relevant skills and experience to fulfil this role successfully, please apply in the first instance with your CV. If you have any further questions, please contact me Bethany Moreland on 01274 513045.
Closing Date = 26th April 2021
Interviews = WC: 3rd May 2021 (including a visit to the centre on the 5th May 2021)
Previous candidates need not apply. Unfortunately, if you have not received a response within four weeks of your application, you have not been successful on this occasion.
ABOUT THE SVP:
The St Vincent de Paul Society (or as it is often known – the SVP) is an international Christian voluntary organisation dedicated to tackling poverty and disadvantage by providing practical assistance to those in need. We feed the hungry, we support the homeless, we visit the lonely and we befriend the stranger.
Whilst we ask that staff have sympathy with the Christian values, religion is not taken into account in recruitment as we value people of all faiths or none.