The Martin Gallier Project, a critical suicide intervention charity based in the heart of the Wirral, is delighted to be able to announced that due to significant funding we are able to offer a part time role for a Man Cave Coordinator, to work directly for our groundbreaking Man Cave division.
Initially for 6 hours per week on a 20 month contract period, there is potential to extend this indefinitely based around future funding efforts.
The Martin’s Man Cave project is an ancillary service operating under the dynamic and fast moving organisation (The Martin Gallier Project) which has seen significant growth since its inception in 2018. Working with some of the most vulnerable men in our local communities, we offer support to both those in crisis, as well as the families of those affected by suicide. The Man Cave is a unique offering in the area of male mental health. Meeting every Monday evening, the project is male only, and offers a secure and relaxed environment for men of any age and background to meet, chat, play darts and snooker, enjoy activity based weekends away or even just go for a curry!
- Although not exhaustive, some of the key duties of the role are to;
- Help run the Man Cave along with the senior team
- Complete fundraising initiatives and develop new practices
- Access, implement and develop evidence-based, best practice interventions
- Assist individuals with development and implementation of safety plans for suicide prevention and recovery
- Stay current on best practices and changing legislations
- Act as liaison with caregivers and/or service providers when appropriate
- Complete all required program related data collection
- Maintain and develop positive working relationships with police, hospital staff and community partners
It is important to note that there will be some weekend work required for the right person, which will be shared on a rotored basis with the other members of the team.
The Martin Gallier Project, and Martin’s Man Cave are run on positivity, determination and hard work. We would expect anybody joining our growing team to embody all of the above, and to add value to what is an already thriving team ethos.
In return we offer endless support, opportunities to grow and develop, and lots of great nights out!!!
- Experience of working with vulnerable adults and/or young people
- An understanding of safeguarding
- Excellent verbal and written skills
- Energy and drive
- Lived experience
- ASIST (training can be provided)
- Experience of working with people at risk of suicide
- Experience of managing a caseload
- Knowledge of mental health services available in Wirral/North West
- Previous experience of liaising with external agencies and services
- Base Salary £9.32 per hour
- Workplace Pension
- Complimentary ASIST training if required
- 28 days paid annual leave, pro rata (including bank holidays)
- Free admission to numerous MGP promotional events and social evenings
If you feel this role could be for you, please apply by sending your C.V. with a cover letter briefly stating why you wish to work for our organisation to email@example.com