The role of the Centre and Activities Worker is to support the day to day running of the St James Centre, build on and grow the offer of activities and groups within the centre working with the local community, and to promote the work of the trust to the wider community.
Post: Centre and Activities Worker
Salary: £18,000 pro-rata
Hours: 25 hours per week
Monday 9am – 12noon, Tuesday 10am – 6pm, Wednesday 12noon – 4pm, and Thursday 1pm – 5.30pm – Remaining hours to be used flexibly to cover the Trust’s needs.
Contract Duration: 12 months from July
Location: St James Centre, 344 Laird Street, CH41 7ALR
- Deliver and support a number of existing activities for all ages
- Plan and evaluate all Centre activities, including special events
- Develop new activities in dialogue with the community, from conception to evaluation
- To maintain Centre and activities resources ensuring they are kept in an organised manner
- Working with the community team, encourage participation in activities and events, resulting in increased usage of the centre and its wider offer
- To promote the work of the trust at networking and community events and through face to face engagement with the local community
- To support NBDTs social media presence and support our marketing and advertising campaigns
- To liaise with the NBDT staff and volunteer team to ensure that activities complement
- Supporting the existing staff and volunteer team in the day to day running and delivery of the trusts work
- Supporting grant writing, report writing and fundraising
- To be a general helping hand and friendly face in the centre
This is a multi-tasking, support role. At times you may be asked to perform additional support duties that the Trust reasonably requires.
To apply, please email [email protected] for an application form.