Community Action Wirral, in partnership with Independent Wirral are pleased to announce Wirral’s latest special recognition scheme for exceptional organisations and individuals who have gone above and beyond to support Wirral residents throughout the COVID-19 Pandemic.
The Wirral Humanitarian Award is aimed at recognising organisations and individuals who have played a significant role in supporting the efforts to protect the wellbeing of all Wirral residents, particularly our most vulnerable.
If you know of an organisation or an individual who has directly supported residents in their community, from delivering food parcels or medication, donating PPE, calling round residents who are shielding or anything that has made a positive impact locally throughout this pandemic, we want to know who they are to ensure they get the recognition they deserve.
Recipients of The Wirral Humanitarian Award will a receive specially designed medal, a free membership of Independent Wirral and a luxury Independent Wirral gift hamper with goods showcasing the very best of locally sourced and made Wirral products.
Nominations close on Friday 30th October with successful recipients being announced on World Kindness Day, Friday 13th November.
• Nominees must be residents in the Wirral or have their organisation based in Wirral
• Nominees must have participated in promoting and protecting the wellbeing of Wirral resident/s throughout the pandemic.
• Nominees can be individuals or whole community organisations
• If your nominee is under 18 years old on the date the nomination is made, you must obtain consent from their parent or legal guardian before you put them forward to be considered for the award and you must provide the name and telephone number of their parent or legal guardian on request;
• Nominees must be available to be contacted on World Kindness Day, 13th November, for the announcement.
Warren Ward, Director at Community Action Wirral said:
“Whilst many of the organisations and individuals do what they do purely out of good will to support others, we have teamed up with Wirral Chamber of Commerce to give these individuals and organisations their time to shine. The Wirral Humanitarian Award will give our thanks to those who have made a significant impact locally.
“The aim of this recognition scheme is to shine a light on the impeccable and selfless acts of Wirral residents and organisations, who have gone above and beyond to support their community throughout this pandemic. This small token will never match the impact they have had on peoples lives, but it’s our way of saying thank you”
Paula Basnett, CEO at Wirral Chamber of Commerce said:
“Wirral Chamber of Commerce is pleased to be supporting this new recognition scheme through our latest initiative, Independent Wirral. We have seen first-hand the impact that our community organisations and private sector businesses can make when they work together.
If it wasn’t for the generosity of Wirral residents and businesses, many local services may have been stretched beyond breaking point – We owe a lot to these selfless organisations and individuals and whilst we can never repay them for their services, we can give them the recognition they deserve.”