The Skelton Charity has approximately £100,000 in 2020 for grants to registered charities in Lancashire, Greater Manchester and Merseyside (including the unitary authorities of Blackpool, Blackburn, Warrington, and Halton).
Modest grants, usually for between £500 and £3,000 may be awarded:
- normally only to registered charities
- to charities operating within the eligible geographical boundaries
- for one-off costs
- for projects or capital costs (this could include sessional costs and volunteer costs)
- to charities that focus on good causes
The trustees are also willing to consider particular needs caused by the Covid-19 pandemic and by adapting to new ways of working.
- Grants are not made to individuals.
- Grants are not made for salaries or other recurring costs.
- Applications from charities in successive years are not viewed favourably.
- The trustees do not usually fund large building appeals or revenue expenditure.
Completed applications must be received before 5pm on Friday 4 September 2020.
Applications will be considered at the trustee’s meeting in October.
Follow this link to complete the Skelton Charity application form.
Find more details about the organisation on the Skelton Charity website.