Wirral Council believes in strong, vibrant communities and this is why helping people to help themselves and each other, is at the heart of everything we do.
Wherever possible, we want to encourage people to strive to achieve their ambitions.
In Wirral, the Supported Housing Programme funds, monitors, reviews and commissions housing-related support services which are high quality, strategically relevant, cost effective and reliable.
The aim of housing-related support services is, through the provision of support, to:
- • Enable vulnerable people to increase or maintain their independence.
- • Prevent people from becoming homeless.
- • Meet the needs of people who have experienced homelessness.
- • Meet the needs of people who may be threatened with homelessness, in the absence of housing-related support.
- • Assist individuals to maintain their tenancy and accommodation.