Amount: Power to Change will award revenue grants averaging £50,000 – they expect grants to be above £15,000 and below £100,000. Small amounts of capital funding averaging around £25,000 are also available to applicants to sit alongside the main revenue grant. This £150,000 funding pot is to support organisations to put down small deposits to help them secure land and buildings.
Open to: Organisations that meet Power to Change’s community business criteria – information on this can be found in the guidance
Deadline: Funding must be committed by December 2021
What are they looking for?
- Power to Change will award grants averaging £50,000 to community led housing projects that will create schemes that deliver a majority of permanently affordable homes for rent or sale to locally connected people. These can be either as new build housing or by refurbishing empty properties.
- Organisations applying should have identified a site or buildings and already undertaken some initial project work in order to gain the support of the community and other key stakeholders.
- If successful, organisations should also be ready to start any activities they are seeking funding for within three months of accepting a grant offer.
What will they fund?
- Feasibility work to assess the viability of a site or buildings for development
- Pre-development costs to develop plans, leading to submitting a planning application (if required)
- Post-planning costs for work to get your project ready to start on site