In line with the National Churches Trust’s new strategy for 2019-2023, we are revising our grant programmes.
Our criteria will include:
- 50% fundraising in place at the point of application (grant awards will never exceed 50%)
- Applicants must be a Christian denomination, with a building constructed as a place of worship (more than 30 years ago) and open for regular worship use, located in the UK.
- Work must not have started at the point the application is submitted.
- Work must be to the church building or an attached hall.
- Applicants must demonstrate how they meet our outcomes in line with our new strategy:
- Preserving heritage
- Promoting sustainability
- Inspiring support
- Projects at listed buildings must be led by a conservation accredited professional.
- Applicants must have at least 2 quotes in place at the point of application, and any necessary permissions.
- Places of worship must be open beyond worship for at least 100 days per year.
- Grantees must register on our ExploreChurches and MaintenanceBooker websites.
Although we fund projects from across the UK, we are especially interested in good projects from our priority areas: North East of England, Northern Ireland and Wales.
As currently, all grants decisions will be made by our grants committee, which meets 3 times a year.
The programmes are likely to be structured as follows, though final inclusions are still to be confirmed and remain subject to change:
Grants of £500 – £3,000
Eligible work: Maintenance works; items identified as required within a Quinquennial Inspection Report/survey reports/another sort of report; small investigative works/surveys. Projects should cost up to £10,000.
Grants of £3,000 – £10,000
Eligible work: Project development work up to RIBA stage 1; strategic or capacity building projects at regional churches Trusts.
Grants of £10,000 – £50,000
Eligible work: Structural repairs/maintenance issues costed over £100,000; installation of kitchen and toilets over £30,000.
|PROGRAMME||OPENS||FIRST DEADLINE||FIRST DECISIONS|
|Cornerstone||September 2018||5 November 2018||March 2019|
|Gateway||November 2018||January 2019||March 2019|
|Foundation||November 2018||January 2019||March 2019|