Following the announcement of further restrictions affecting parts of the Liverpool City Region, Merseyrail has issued travel advice to those passengers in affected areas.
The latest government guidance which covers the Lancashire and Merseyside areas advises that public transport is for essential purposes, such as travelling to and from school or work. Merseyrail services will continue to operate as timetabled to support those that do need to travel.
Full timetables and details can be found on the Merseyrail website, and passengers are encouraged to check before they travel. This can be done by visiting www.merseyrail.org, the Merseyrail Twitter account @merseyrail or by sending a message on WhatsApp on 0151 555 1111.
Passengers who do need to use Merseyrail services are advised to follow safety advice to protect themselves, other passengers, and staff:
- Face coverings must be worn at all times unless exempt
- Use contactless payments where possible
- Avoid peak travel if you can (between 07:00-09:30 and 16:00-18:30)
- Wash or sanitise hands as soon as possible before and after travel
- Follow advice from staff and be considerate to other passengers
- We also urge passengers to help by keeping up to date with the latest official health advice.
Andy Heath, Managing Director at Merseyrail, said: “As new restrictions come into place for parts of our region on Tuesday, we all must play our part to fight the spread of COVID-19.
“I would like to remind those passengers travelling with us for work and education to please follow our travel advice and ensure that they wear a face covering for the duration of their journey – including at stations – for the safety of themselves, fellow passengers and our staff.”