MCS Charitable Foundation is open to funding a range of projects that advance their mission to accelerate the adoption of renewable energy and low carbon technologies.
If you are seeking funding for a project that you think they could be interested in, please complete the enquiry form, summarising what you are seeking to achieve and how this fits with their funding criteria.
- Funding should usually be for specific time-bound projects that meet the Foundation’s mission. Projects should have a UK-wide impact, either through having a national reach or through developing/demonstrating an innovative approach that could be replicated, adapted or scaled up. As a UK-wide Foundation, bids specific to the context in the devolved nations and regions are welcome.
- Bids should fall into one of the following themes:
- Education, skills and CPD.
- Public awareness/information and consumer confidence.
- Zero carbon planning.
- Local zero carbon delivery initiatives.
- Bids should also meet at least one of the following criteria:
- Seed funding for innovative initiatives.
- Support delivery of a proof of concept.
- Research to support innovation or capacity building in one of the themed areas.
- Sharing good practice.
MCS Foundation is also open to applications that fall outside of these standard criteria if the applicant organisation can make a strong case that the proposal could have a step-change impact in society’s action towards the Foundation’s mission.
Financial and Governance:
- Applications that have matched funding will be looked upon favourably.
- Grants will usually be for £5,000 to £50,000. In exceptional cases grants will be considered for higher amounts up to £100,000.
- Applications may be submitted from public organisations and not-for-profit companies as well as charities.
Find application form and process here.
Deadline 25th January 2021, 9am