Qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner (PWP)
Salary band: £24,910 – £30,679 dependent on skills and experience (pro rata if part time)
Hours: Full & part-time roles available working between the hours of 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday.
Location: Fully Remote & Agile/blended working (remote & face-to-face delivery as required) available.
About the organisation
You will be joining Insight IAPT, which is a highly regarded, national organisation and a well-established provider of IAPT services on behalf of the NHS. We offer high and low intensity interventions and counselling, and as a key member of the team you will be valued for your contribution to maintaining our excellent reputation and helping us develop this further through innovative practice.
It is our mission to improve the mental health and wellbeing of the people we serve. You will play a key role in delivering this mission and be committed to our core values which are at the heart of everything we do.
This is an excellent opportunity to join an established organisation that has experienced growth and continues to seek new opportunities to further strengthen and build upon our excellent reputation.
About the role
We are looking for qualified Psychological Wellbeing Practitioners to join us in delivering the best care we can to our patients. We have multiple roles supporting our services based nationally.
The PWP role within Insight IAPT is highly valued and seen as an integral part of what we do. Our PWPs provide disorder specific assessments and evidence-based low intensity CBT interventions for people with anxiety disorders and/or depression. We work to the stepped care model to provide the least intrusive and most appropriate level of care to meet the needs of the person. Therefore, our PWPs will offer a wide range of treatments, including telephone and online treatment, cCBT programmes, psycho-educational groups, courses, workshops, webinars and one-to-one work. Adapting what we offer to make our treatments more accessible is a critical characteristic of what we do.
Being a PWP within Insight IAPT means joining a provider who really values the PWP role and we have PWP preceptorship and career development opportunities through to senior management and clinical roles.
As you will already know, the PWP role is fast-paced and carries a high-volume caseload. We listen to our PWPs wellbeing needs and provide clinical CPD, self-care sessions and high-quality resources to enable you to support people effectively. The role is varied and constantly evolving with the evidence base and guidance and you can be a part of our evolution if you join us.
- We will care for you, your role and career development, while you care for the people who need our support.
- Together we will evolve and innovate services to help us to face the future needs of people with anxiety disorders and depression.
- Together we will increase access; provide the least burdensome, most effective treatments first; and help more people to recover.
We have permanent, full & part-time roles available working between the hours of 8am – 8pm Monday to Friday.
We would love to hear from you if you possess the following:
- Holds a PG or UG certificate in Low Intensity Interventions from a recognised BPS accredited PWP training provider
- Holds a MSci Applied Psychology integrated with PWP qualification with dual BPS accreditation as PWP training
- Holds a PWP Apprenticeship training qualification from a BPS accredited PWP training programme
- Are looking to work for an innovative provider who really values you, the role of the PWP and your career development.
- Have a proven track record of delivering high quality disorder specific assessments and Low Intensity CBT interventions that reflect local and national priorities and targets.
- Able to demonstrate good therapeutic relationships with people.
- Able to undertake thorough risk assessments.
- Are an inspirational and collaborative team player with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to organise high volume workload to ensure effective prioritisation and delivery of objectives.
- Are flexible to meet the needs of the service.
- Are committed to improving access to psychological therapies and working within these services for your future career development.
How to apply
Please visit https://www.insightiapt.org/work-with-us/vacancies/ to download the Recruitment Pack which includes an application form, advert, job description and details of our Benefits & Rewards.
Please email completed application forms or a CV & cover letter, quoting reference number IN39 to firstname.lastname@example.org
All correspondence will be through the email address provided on your application form/CV; to avoid missing our emails, please regularly check your junk mail folder.
For an informal discussion regarding this post, please contact our Recruitment Team at email@example.com who will be happy to help you.
This advert is open ended and applications will be shortlisted within a week of receipt.
This post is subject to a DBS check, which we will cover the cost of, and we do reserve the right to close the vacancy early if we receive a high volume of suitable applications.
We are passionate about creating a diverse workforce and positively encourage applications from underrepresented communities.