|Post Title||Multi Specialist Advocate|
|Employer:||n-compass Towards a Brighter Future Ltd|
|Office Location:||Wirral Advocacy Hub|
|Hours:||37 hours per week|
|Salary:||£24,660 per annum (FTE £24,660 per annum)|
|Responsible to:||Team Leader – Wirral|
|Purpose:||Provide independent one to one statutory and non-statutory|
|advocacy in accordance with the agreed individualised|
|approach and legislative requirements.|
- Provide Independent Mental Capacity (Including Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards), Independent Mental Health and Care Act Advocacy to a caseload of clients in line with the applicable legislative requirements.
- Provide regular support as Relevant Persons Representative to people who are Deprived of their Liberty.
- Provide short term strength based generic and complaints advocacy support to a caseload of clients in line with their instructions including listening to /establishing clients views and wishes and the way that they wish to be supported, helping them to find and understand information relevant to their issue, exploring their options and helping them to make their own decisions.
- Provide non-instructed advocacy to those with capacity issues.
- Undertake initial assessments of new referrals and assess risk when arranging meeting venues/home visits.
- Deliver Independent Mental Health Advocacy on mental health inpatient wards in Wirral.
- Record case activity and case notes onto the case management system
- Keep abreast of advocacy best practice and emerging case law and legislation.
- Signpost clients to alternative sources of support as appropriate
- Support the exit of clients from the service including gathering monitoring information.
- Support the recruitment and induction of new staff, students and volunteers as requested.
- Support and supervise students and volunteers as requested.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with a wide range of professionals/organisations, including other advocacy providers
- Promote the service and organisation in a variety of settings.
- Work towards and achieve the IAQ diploma.
- To take personal responsibility for the achievement of allocated KPIs
- To carry out day to day administration relevant to the role
- To provide contingency support throughout the service as required
- To undertake such duties as may be assigned by the Team Leader.
- Updating manual and computerised recording systems/customer records with relevant data.
- Responsibility for completing reports to a high standard, analysis of data and submission in line with requirements.
- Work within the organisations Quality, Information Governance and Caldicott Principle Policy. This will include following processes in line with the ISO Quality management System and the DSP Tool Kit.
- Attendance of regular n-compass staff and Advocacy Service team meetings.
- Develop and attend a regular informal peer support mechanism with others throughout the organisation.
- Attendance of regular operational, supervision, and my Journey meetings.
- Complete a personal development plan in conjunction with your Line Manager and take responsibility for achieving its actions.
- Work within organisational policy at all times.
- Actively participate in identified training relevant to the post.
Health and Safety
- Comply with health and safety implications through ensuring safe systems of working practice.
- Take personal responsibility for own health and safety and report incidents and potential hazards as necessary.
Equal Opportunities and Confidentiality
- Adhere to and promote n|compass Equal Opportunity and Confidentiality Policies.
Please note: This job description is not intended to be exhaustive. The postholder will be expected to adopt a flexible approach to the responsibilities, which may be varied from time-to-time following discussion with line management. Any variations will be subject to the requirements of the department and organisation and will be in keeping with the general profile of the post.
If you would like to apply for this vacancy you will need to return your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is Monday 7th June 2021 at 12.00pm.
Interviews are scheduled to take place on Friday 11th June.