Involve Northwest is an innovative, community-based organisation.
We are looking at expanding our Community Connectors team, helping people to expand networks and knowledge of their local area and feel part of and socially connected within their community.
Full Time – 35 hours per week, Monday – Friday
Salary: £20,000 per annum
Start date: June 2021
Duration: Fixed Term until 31st May 2022
Funded by: Public Health
Location: Royal Standard House, Rock ferry
80% of this job will involve connecting at a local (street/neighbourhood) level in the community.
Qualities and Attributes of a Connector
- Flexible, adaptable and a good active listener, with good communicative & inter personal skills.
- An understanding of social isolation, health and wellbeing and some of the challenges that can be faced by different community members.
- Actively support the local ‘track, trace and support system’ to ensure that follow up engagement activity is available across all twenty two Wirral wards.
- Explore social support needs and encourage and motivate individuals to access local community activity provision to improve individual well-being.
- Ability to priorities daily tasks, weekly work load and good time management skills.
- Provide individuals with up to date information and appropriate support by signposting / referring individuals to mainstream healthy living and other relevant local services.
- Team player with and open and honest manner with the ability to develop and build on effective relationships with individuals and stakeholders
- Additional duties may be required to be carried out in responding to the current pandemic as and when needed.
- A driving license and the daily use of a car is desirable.
- To ensure you represent the charity in the best manner at all times.
Closing Date: Friday 16th April 2021 5pm
Interviews: week commencing Monday 26th April 2021
For an application pack please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can download an application from our website: www.involvenorthwest.org.uk
Involve Northwest is working towards being an equal opportunities organisation and welcomes applicants from a wide range of backgrounds.