Bee Wirral CIC is a charitable organisation that provides support to the local community. They are based in a community centre where they provide training opportunities, activities, social groups, access to food and toiletries, and are able to signpost to other helpful organisations too.
They aim for the café to hold the same values of supporting local people, and being a friendly welcoming space that everybody is able to enjoy.
Role Title: Café Supervisor (Permanent)
Location: Wirral Country Park, Thurstaston
Salary: £18,200 per annum
Hours: 35 hours per week on rota between 8am – 6pm over 7 days a week.
As your role as a cafe manager you will be expected to take on a number of responsibilities including –
- Manage day-to-day operations of the café including stock management and staffing
- Maintain the standard and quality of services provided
- To uphold the reputation and values of our organisation when dealing with customers and colleagues, modelling this at all times.
- To create and maintain a friendly, vibrant and supportive atmosphere
- To work as a member of Bee Wirral CIC promoting the vision and ethos of the organisation
- To ensure compliance with our food safety management systems
- To ensure high levels of hygiene and cleanliness in all areas is consistently maintained, including supervising staff to adhere to the standards
- To be a key holder, responsible for opening up and shutting down the cafe. This involves the specific cash handling and daily till collection procedures. Training will be provided.
- To prepare and present food and drinks to a high standard. Training will be provided.
- To be the first point of contact for dealing with customer service, resourcing, technical problems such as staffing issues, till problems or customer complaints
- To deliver in-house training to new members of staff and to provide on-going guidance and supervision to assistants, trainees and volunteers
- To work flexibly, including availability to cover shifts when needed outside of regular working hours. Including, bank holidays and weekends.
- To be a member of the management team, undertake training, contribute to meetings and take responsibility for personal development.
- The ability to drive sales
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as requested by the Bee Wirral CIC Directors.
It is believed these qualities are necessary for anyone wishing to undertake this role:
- Experience of working as a cafe manager/senior
- Great team management and customer service skills
- Outstanding communication, observational and organisational skills
- Competent IT skills
- Previous Food Safety qualification achieved (to be updated if needed once in post)
- Flexibility around shift ties to allow for seasonal demand
These qualities are desired of anyone applying for this post but are not essential.
- Non-reliant on public transport due to location
- Previous Allergy Awareness training undertaken
- Previous Health and Safety training undertaken
FOR MORE INFORMATION AND FOR AN APPLICATION FORM, PLEASE EMAIL INFO@BEEWIRRAL.CO.UK