Local Community Projects Fund
We know that one of the quickest ways to have a positive impact on our local communities, is to fund organisations that are already doing great work, and helping them to achieve more. Our Local Community Projects Fund awards grants of up to £2,000 to enable not for profit organisations to do something they otherwise couldnt afford to. We have seven local charity committees which meet regularly throughout England, Scotland and Wales to review applications and award grants. Please carefully read the following guidelines before starting an application.
Who do we support?
Local Community Projects Funding is offered to organisations supporting people in need. Any not for profit organisation can apply, however, larger organisations with a turnover in excess of £300,000 will be unsuccessful.
What type of project can we support?
We are interested in projects that improve resilience within your community. This can include sessional activities/respite support, equipment for sessional activities, trips and residential breaks. We are also interested in new approaches and innovative ideas as well as sustainable approaches to supporting your community. We do not fund running costs or continuation of existing and ongoing work.
All projects must support a community of interest, ie people who are:
- Disabled or suffering chronic illness
- Living in poverty
- Voluntary carers
- Homeless people
- Isolated older people
- Other demonstrable significant need
Key Performance Targets:
Successful applicants should be able to demonstrate improvements against at least one of our Key Performance Targets to be successful for a grant:
- Beneficiaries have decreased social isolation
- Beneficiaries report improved health and wellbeing
- Beneficiaries report improved resilience/coping mechanisms
- Beneficiaries have improved life skills
- Beneficiaries have improved opportunities
We are unable to fund the following excluded items:
- Ongoing running costs
- Contributions towards larger projects/fundraising appeals
- Animal charities
- Friends of associations
- Uniformed groups such as scouts, guides and sea cadets
- Sports clubs and associations
- Overseas travel
- Curricular activities that take place during the school day
- Religious promotion
- Research grants
- Repayment of loans
- Purchase of vehicles
- Medical Equipment
- Major capital projects
- Sponsorship of events or activities
Where can we make grants?
We are more likely to make grants to local organisations who have a Greggs shop in their region. Please use the shop locator on the Greggs website to find your nearest shop.
How much can we can give?
The maximum grant that we can give is £2,000.