We’re pleased to be awarding a small number of grants to community organisations for Stephen Lawrence Day. Successful community groups will deliver activities to inspire and support young people to make positive choices in their lives and act in ways that allow them and those in their local community to live their best life. You can download the application pack here.
Amount of funding available: Up to £400 for a day of activities.
The funding is for activities that focus on:
- Young people from the most disadvantaged and vulnerable backgrounds.
- Urban/inner city or coastal areas where there is clear evidence of deprivation which impacts on young people and local communities.
The funding can be used for activities which work in one or more of the following areas:
- Young people from BAME communities
- Young people affected by serious crime and violence
- Young people with disabilities
- Girls affiliated with or affected by gangs
- Education, training and employability
- Community integration and social mixing
Funded activities will need to demonstrate one of the following:
- A strong understanding of target beneficiaries and the challenges facing young people in the local community.
- A unique and fresh approach to engaging the target beneficiaries and to addressing the issue of youth crime and serious violence.
The deadline is the 13th March 2020.