If you are a CIC or Social Enterprise registered with Companies House have a look at this fund.
Our whole economy is experiencing extraordinary changes resulting from the COVID-19 pandemic. While this is a very challenging time, these changes can also drive innovation, create opportunities, and make businesses stronger and more resilient.
Following consultation with industry representatives, the £3m Future Innovation Fund pilot programme has been established by the Metro Mayor to support Liverpool City Region’s (LCR) small and medium sized enterprise (SME) community. The fund aims to incentivise SMEs to innovate, adapt and diversify in response to the challenges and opportunities presented by the pandemic and its associated impacts on the economy and society.
Grant funding to cover eligible costs between £25-£100k on a strictly needs-justified basis.
Funding will be available in £1m tranches or “calls” so that the pilot programme can be refined on an ongoing basis. The first call will close for applications on 6 July 2020.
Eligible projects must demonstrate alignment to the following priority areas for the LCR:
- Delivering a sustainable industrial future: businesses seeking to take advantage of new opportunities in materials, manufacturing and engineering.
- Open health innovation: business initiatives to enhance health & wellbeing, during and following the pandemic.
- Global cultural capital: activities to support the resilience of LCR’s cultural vibrancy during and following the pandemic.
- Zero carbon economy: businesses pioneering sustainable approaches to living, travel and doing business in a post-pandemic world, for example linking to the circular economy, mitigating single-use plastic and non-reusable PPE.
- Tech for good: businesses that use technology and data to drive growth and improve society, including but not limited to “smart city” applications, high performance computing, data science and AI.
- Digitalisation: initiatives in any other sector that will yield a clear improvement in business productivity, adaptability and/or diversification.