The next deadline for applications to the Stanley Smith Horticultural Trust is the 15th February 2018.
The average grant awarded by Stanley Smith Horticultural Trust is £2,300. However, they accept submissions from £200 to £5,000.
Through the Trust, grants are available to projects of significance to horticulture (or botany with a strong horticultural content) and education for horticulture. The types of activities that can be funded include:
- Gardeners’ training schemes run by appropriate organisations
- Restoring gardens of historic interest
- Developing new gardens for public access and enjoyment
- Exhibitions, book publications, research and educational programmes relating to horticulture
- Expeditions to collect and protect plants of scientific and horticultural value
- Study-visits by horticulturists or botanists with strong horticultural links.
For more information, please download the guidelines document here.