Grants of over £100,000 to support a wide variety of larger heritage projects.
The funding which is being made available through the Heritage Lottery Fund’s Heritage Grant Scheme. The funding is available to not-for-profit organisations; and partnerships led by not-for-profit organisations for any project relating to national, regional and local heritage. This can include for example:
- Archaeological sites
- Collections of objects, books or documents in museums, libraries or archives
- Cultural traditions such as stories, festivals, crafts, music, dance and costumes
- Historic buildings
- Histories of people and communities
- Histories of places and events
- The heritage of languages and dialects
- Natural and designed landscapes and gardens
- People’s memories and experiences (often recorded as ‘oral history’)
- Places and objects linked to our industrial, maritime and transport history
- Natural heritage including habitats, species and geology.
Heritage Grants applications go through a two-round process. This is so that organisations can apply at an early stage of planning their project and get an idea of whether they have a good chance of getting a grant before they send a proposals in greater detail.
The next closing date for applications is the 6th October 2016