The Hive, Wirral Youth Zone delivers a project called ‘A Force for Good’, which aims to support currently serving and ex-military veteran families with children aged 8 – 19 (up to 25 with additional needs).
By armed forces families, we mean any young person who has a parent, step-parent, carer or sibling who is either currently serving or an armed forces veteran, including Reserves (TA).
The project aims to support these young people to access The Hive to:
- Develop life and social skills
- Get involved in the many activities and projects that the youth zone offers
- One to one support, where identified by the young person
All young people from armed forces families would also get a FREE Hive membership.
Although most of those leaving the armed forces make successful transitions there is still a significant number that encounter difficulties. This can have a negative impact on these military families from a social and financial aspect – leaving many children feeling vulnerable and excluded.
Everything The Hive does is about inspiring young people to achieve, by providing fun activities, personal development programmes, life-changing experiences and greatly increasing their future prospects. With it’s fantastic range of facilities and passionate, supportive team, The Hive is the ideal place for these young people to rediscover their confidence, improve mental wellbeing and broaden their horizons.
The Hive is running regular ‘A Force For Good’ Free open events for current serving and ex-military families to along to:
- have some quality time family-fun
- learn more about the project
- get first-hand experience of the Hive facilities
- learn about support services available – and importantly
- give the adults space and opportunity to develop their own social networks by meeting with other families with a military background and share their experiences
For further information and/or to arrange a tour of The Hive facilities please contact:
[email protected] or call 0151 705 8000
Website: www.thehiveyouthzone.org Twitter: @thehiveyz Facebook: @WirralYouthZone
Funded by the Chancellor using LIBOR funds