Food waste is an ongoing issue in the local area with a great proportion of individuals oblivious to the amount of wasted food each household generates and how much money is lost from the family budget.
The food reduction lead will;
- Make links with retailers and food producers to take surplus stock
- Teach adults and children about nutrition and its importance in line with ‘Feeding Birkenhead’ and the local obesity strategy
- Develop food waste workshops and recipe ideas
- Co-ordinate the food co-op inhouse
- Generate income from production and sales of homemade food products
- Work towards maintaining our food safety rating of 5
Hours are 14 per week to be worked over 2 days, £8.80 per hour (approx. £6400.00 per annum)
To apply please forward a CV to [email protected] or drop one to reception at Livingstone Street Community Centre, 130 St Anne Street, Birkenhead, Wirral CH41-3HX.
For more information please call 0151 647 7587.
Closing date for all applications is 01/02/19