As you might have already seen in the news, Make CIC is about to embark on a journey that is nearly two years in the making. We are opening a creative hub, as we’ve done before, but this time it’s in Hamilton Square, Birkenhead.
We have a brilliant opportunity to have impact across the Liverpool City Region, but it’s something we need help doing.
So what can you do to help?
Spread the word
The most important thing you can do to help us is to believe in us. The best way you can show that belief is to simply talk about our plans. Share our updates on social media; direct prospective users to us. Connect us with potential partners, drop a message to someone who might consider backing our crowdfunding campaign or helping to reach our 100k funding target. You are the most powerful resource we have available and we’re looking to you to help spread our message.
The key things we want people to know:
- Make is opening a hub in Hamilton Square, October 2019. It will be a hive of creative activity providing space for artists, makers, crafts, entrepreneurs, hobbyist, foodies, coffee lovers… you name it. A diverse, open and accessible community of humans gathering in the garden, cafe and studios.
- We need to raise £100,000 in 2019, through grants and donations, to be able to afford to make it happen. We’ve already managed to secure nearly 60% through partner organisations. But, we need others to join that generous list and share their faith in the dream – by backing us.
- As part of those plans, we’re going to revive the “millenium garden” into a community garden and mini urban farm. The space is part of the building and is currently an overgrown mess. We are looking to raise £5,000 through a crowdfunding campaign to transform it. The campaign will run for 58 days and it starts on Wednesday 10th July at 17:00.
Back our crowdfunding campaign
We’re looking to raise £5,000 to establish a community garden and small urban farm as part of our plans for creating an exciting dynamic hub. There are going to be lots of cool perks on the campaign as well as opportunities to come down and roll up your sleeves.
You can find the campaign here, we launch at 17:00 on Wednesday 10th July:
Please help spread the word. Donate if you can. Encourage others to, too.
Over the next three months we’re planning a number of opportunities to come and see it all for yourself. We’ll be letting everyone know about our open days, round table discussions, workshops and chances to get involved. Of course there will be a party or two!
- Make sure you are signed up to our mailing list to make sure that you know when we’re hosting our upcoming programme: https://www.makeliverpool.com/contact-us/
- Follow us on Twitter: @MakeHamilton & @MakeCIC
- Save the date for the evening of August 8th!
Please let me know if you have any questions or ideas and thanks in advance for reading all of the above!
All my best,