The National Lottery Community Fund have recently opened to applications for a second round of the Climate Action Fund.
The key information is summarised below, but for further information on the programme and how to apply please visit their website.
We’re offering two types of funding in this round – development funding and full awards. The maximum grant size for development funding is £150,000. For full awards, the maximum available is £1.5 million.
We expect to make 12 to 15 awards in total in this round, and to award more development grants than full awards.
Funding is for
Medium to large scale projects addressing waste and consumption. We are looking to support place-based, community-led partnerships that will make the changes in their community they believe will have the biggest impact on climate change.
Who can apply
We’re looking to invest in community-led partnerships that are made up of a mix of organisations from different sectors. At this stage, we’re looking for the organisation who is best placed to speak on behalf of the partnership, and it must be one of the following types of eligible organisations:
- voluntary and community organisation
- registered charity
- charitable incorporated organisation (CIO)
- not-for-profit company limited by guarantee – you must be a registered charity or have a not-for-profit ‘asset lock’ clause in your articles of association
- community interest company (CIC)
- community benefit society
- co-operative society – you must have a not-for-profit ‘asset lock’ clause in your society rules and also be registered with the Financial Conduct Authority.
The deadline to submit initial ideas is 5pm on Thursday 8 April 2021