Featured projects can be anything from growing a few herbs in a small window box or a feast worth of different fruits and vegetables in multiple raised beds – the idea is to be as imaginative and creative as possible. Ideas could include:
- Say a poem about the garden
- Tell the story from seed to plate
- Show how school life has changed since growing at school
- Show how the growing can be incorporated into the curriculum
- Explain your gardening skills and why your plants grow so well
- Share how the gardening encourages a deeper connection to nature
Films might include songs, graphics, comedy but must be under 3 minutes long. Points will be awarded for imagination. Filming tips:
- Use a smartphone, iPad or video camera. But if you decide to use a smartphone or tablet, make sure you always shoot in landscape view.
- Steady equals ready – use two hands and try not to move around too much.
- Let there be light – mornings and afternoons make for the best lighting.
In Post Production, schools could add, for example, music, graphics, testimonials or anything else that adds interest.
The prizes awarded will be:
1st: £200 gardening voucher
2nd: £100 gardening voucher
3rd: £50 gardening voucher
All entrants will receive spring seed packs.
The deadline for submissions is Monday 24th December 2018.