New funding opportunity for partnership projects
At Biffa Award we have an exciting new funding opportunity for organisations looking to improve a built or natural environment. This will mean supporting brand new projects of regional or even national significance.
Expression of interest for Partnerships Built Environment theme is 14th May 12 noon. Stage 2 application deadline for Partnership Built Environment theme is 14th June 12 noon.
Preference will be given to projects:
- Where Biffa Award is the majority funder
- Who work in partnership with other organisations
- Who engage with people through improving their knowledge of the asset
- The applicant organisation and project are eligible for enrolment and registration with the scheme regulator, ENTRUST. There will be conditions for any grant approved. Please note that organisations must be not for profit. Local authorities cannot apply or enrol
- Funds available: £250,000 – £750,000
- Each project site is within 15 miles of a significant Biffa operation or active Biffa landfill site. Check your project’s postcode using the Postcode Checker below
- Each project site is also within 10 miles of any licensed landfill site (To find your nearest landfill site, telephone the regulator Entrust on 01926 488300)
- If you’re not the landowner you will need to have a signed landowner agreement in place agreeing to access for maintenance, surveying and monitoring for a period of not less than 25 years
- There will be a minimum of 104 days of full public access to the project per year
- Any Biffa Award grant will be used for site-based improvement work, not for movable equipment, staff core costs or storage facilities
- The majority of costs should be direct capital delivery work
- Biffa Award is unable to fund requests to help an existing facility meet the requirements of the Disability Discrimination Act
- Biffa Award is unable to fund retrospectively, so you should only apply for funding for work that will take place in the future
- Staff costs must not exceed 7.5% of the deliverable capital elements
Specifically for Natural Environment projects:
- Projects must be working to Biodiversity 2020 – England Biodiversity Strategy to reduce biodiversity loss, its successor, or a Local Biodiversity Action Plan target. See 25 year environment plan
- Research will not be funded
- There is a management plan in place for the key species/habitat(s) involved for each site
To find out more download our Guidance Notes
Please click here to go directly to the website.