In the role of Counselling & Wellbeing Officer, you will:
• Work as part of a team and respond to monthly counselling referrals in a timely manner and coordinate assessments.
• Meet with clients and complete a full assessment to ascertain their needs and identify whether counselling is appropriate in their circumstances.
• Work with the Counselling Lead to ensure that the client is assigned to the most appropriate counsellor who can address their counselling and wellbeing needs.
• Maintain service records (hard copy and virtual) and undertake general administrative duties associated with the post and the smooth-running of the service.
• Recognise the importance of volunteer counsellors, support their learning and development and find ways to ensure that they are included in the development of the service and wider organisation.
• Membership of a recognized professional counselling body, such as BACP or NCS.
• A minimum of 250 hours practical counselling in a generic counselling role.
• Diploma in Person Centred Counselling/IAPT Qualification or equivalent qualification
Contract length: 12 months – until 31st March 2022
Part-time hours: 21 per week
Application deadline: 19/03/2021
Job Types: Part-time, Contract
Salary: £9.60 per hour
Interviews being held week beginning 29th March 2021
Apply for an application pack to email@example.com