Message from the Chair Tony Jones
The refurbishment of the Community Centre continues and is going very well. The One Stop Shop has been stripped out & work is progressing with major interior decoration to ensure that local groups can use the room in time for the reopening when lockdown finishes. The work includes (not an exhaustive list):
- New windows throughout the building
- New front door (with wheelchair access)
- Major roof repairs.
- New carpets
- New false ceiling
- Working towards extra outside seating
- Local artist Fred Biddulph will paint one of his famous local murals
In the meantime before we reopen and welcome back groups and activities includes (again not an exhaustive list).
- Art Classes
- Monday evening computer class
- Free internet use (in our computer suite)
- Wirral Pathfinders (mental health support group)
- Lunch Club (4 days a week)
- Afternoon tea events
- Buddhist mediation
- Abacas class
Finally, I am extremely proud of what we have achieved helping the most vulnerable during lockdown, as we are continuing our great work to deliver 3 course meals 4 days a week out to the elderly isolated members of our community & struggling families, along with a support package including regular newsletters, puzzles, quizzes, raffles & birthday celebrations with prizes.
You can see more New Brighton Community Centre info here
The Community Centre continues its tradition of working together with all of the community for a better New Brighton.