Following on from last Tuesday’s announcement for the Youth Investment Fund, the Big Lottery Fund and DCMS will be holding a briefing session on the 5th October to provide further details about the programme. We would strongly recommend that only organisations who are eligible attend this session.
The eligibility for the Youth Investment Fund is as follows:
- Have an annual income in the region of £300,000 to £2 million
- In addition, in an effort to ensure that the size of our funding is proportionate to the size of your organisation, we would also expect the average annual grant you have applied for to be no more than 25% of your annual income. (Total grant £150,000-£750,000).
- That at least 75 per cent of your beneficiaries are young people. We consider young people to be those who are 10 – 18 years old (10 – 25 years with a disability or special educational needs). All of your youth beneficiaries should be located in the targeted areas.
- You have an evidenced track record in delivering frontline services with and for young people.
- You are based in or be able to demonstrate strong links to the community you intend to support.
- You have at least three unrelated people on the organisation’s governing body.
- The work must bring about improved outcomes for young people.
- Local collaboration and partnership working with other organisations to reduce duplication and produce a connected network of services for young people.
- Young people play a significant part in every stage of this work.
- Be able to demonstrate impact by having suitable systems in place.
- Secure additional resources for your organisation; additional funding, volunteers and involvement of local businesses.
- Sustain the organisation so services can be delivered after the end of this funding stream.
- We anticipate making the first grant payments around April/May 2017, and for the final grant monitoring to be provided no later than 31st March 2020. As such you need to be confident you can meet these deadlines and start some of your funded activity immediately after receiving your first payment.
If you are considering an application to the programme then we would advise you to discuss this with your local contact Conor Cross. Similarly, if you have further questions about this briefing or the Youth Investment Fund more generally then please also contact Conor.
Refreshments on arrival; 9:45-10:00a.m
Dance Floor, 1st Floor, MYA, 65-67 Hanover Street, Liverpool, L1 3DY
To confirm your attendance, please email Conor Cross at [email protected]