Groups will need to be within the 10 mile radius of Gowy Landfill site in Cheshire. Groups in Bromborough, Eastham, Spital and surrounds could be eligible to apply.
Competition for WREN funding is considerable. Requests for funding from our most recent round exceeded £6 million and we have to regularly decline worthwhile projects due to funding restrictions.
WREN will accept applications for the provision, maintenance or improvement of the following types of public amenity:
- Village Halls and Community Centres
- Public Play Areas
- Publicly available Multi use games areas, skate parks and BMX tracks
- Sport and recreation grounds including pavilions and clubhouses with full public access
- Churches – community spaces only
- Nature Reserves
- Public gardens, parks, country parks and woodlands with at least dawn to dusk access
Applications for funding are assessed against our criteria and you should read carefully our Guide for Applicants and ensure your project meets our criteria and you have shown the difference the project will make to your local community. WREN will not request further evidence of community need and benefit so you should make sure you application and enclosures reflects what your project will achieve.
WREN requires all projects to be delivered within 12 months of our funding decision.
Please note WREN no longer accepts paper applications.