It is recommended that all applicants take time to read these guidelines in order to avoid submitting applications that are likely to be rejected. You may like to refer to our previous Annual Reports which will give you more of an idea of both the type of organisation supported and the amounts awarded. Only if you think your project falls within our criteria should potential applicants telephone the administrator, Karin Hooper on 020 7410 0330, to seek further advice if you are still unclear about the grant-making criteria in the following guidelines. Before you call please have your charity registration number to hand. Trustees are keen to spare charities the wasted time and costs involved in applying when there is no prospect of success. Please note that only about 15% of applicants are successful and the majority of grants are for less than £5,000.
Applications will only be considered if they fall within the following areas:
- Children and young people who are isolated, at risk of exclusion or involved in anti-social behaviour.
- Prisoners and ex-offenders. Projects that help the rehabilitation and resettlement of prisoners and/or ex-offenders are supported as well as requests to help prisoners’ families
- Disadvantaged women, covering refuges, domestic violence and parenting.
- Disability projects, which can include rehabilitation and training for people who are either physically disabled or learning disabled.
- Arts outreach work by local groups involving disadvantaged people.
- Projects that promote integration and community cohesion amongst minority groups, including refugees and travellers.
The amounts awarded in each category are available in our annual report.
Trustees DO NOT fund unsolicited applications from charities whose annual income exceeds £300,000 or for:
- Construction projects such as playgrounds, village halls, and disabled accesses
- General school appeals including out of hours provision
- Medical research
- Parish facilities
- Playgroups and pre-school groups
- Requests for vehicles
- Individuals in any capacity
- Educational fees
For more information follow the link below;