The Wirral Sports Forum is seeking
nominations for the 2016 Wirral Sports Awards
and applications for Wirral Sports Bursaries.
These will be awarded with the aim of assisting the development of sports persons in Wirral.
Wirral Sports Bursaries, offer monetary assistance of varying amounts, to individuals to support their progress in sport. Individuals applying must either reside in Wirral or represent a Wirral Club. Priority is given to members of clubs in the Wirral Sports Forum. This year, for the first time, there is no age restriction to applications.
Wirral Sports Awards are given annually in recognition of the achievements of Wirral’s dedicated sports people and are open to anybody who lives in Wirral. The awards will be presented at the Wirral Sports Forum Awards Event on Friday 14th October at Tranmere Rovers Football Club.
The seven categories are:
- Coach of the Year: Presented to a coach in recognition of their involvement, dedication and achievement within their chosen sport.
- Club of the Year: Presented to the sports club that can demonstrate achievements/success and supports the development of players, coaches and volunteers within the Club.
- Volunteer of the Year: Presented to an individual who has made a significant contribution to their sport or club, i.e., committee member, fundraiser, administrator, official etc.
- Young Volunteer of the Year: Presented to a young person aged between 14 and 19 years who has made a significant contribution to sport as a volunteer.
- Young Sports Person of the Year: Presented to an individual, who is under 18, in recognition of their commitment and achievement in their chosen sport. Nominees should have achieved a high standard of performance at local, regional or national level.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Presented to an individual who has provided an outstanding service to sport within Wirral over a long period of time.
- NEW for 2016: Special Recognition for Contribution to Sport (Wirral Sports Forum Members only). This will be awarded to the nominee selected by each WSF member’s organisation.
All nominees and winners will be invited to a presentation awards evening to collect their awards. The Sports Award winners become Wirral’s nominations for the annual Merseyside Sports Awards later in the year.
For further information, or to join the Wirral Sports Forum, please contact Dave Simmonds Community Sports Development Officer on 0151 666 4165 or email [email protected]
Closing date for nominations is Friday 15 July 2016.
Dave Simmonds – Wirral Sports Forum, Secretary
Community Sports Development Officer
West Kirby Concourse Leisure Centre
Grange Rd, West Kirby, Wirral
Tel: 0151 666 4165 / Mob: 0787 657 7187
email: [email protected]