Wirral Sports Awards are presented annually to recognise the achievements of dedicated sports people and are open to anybody who lives in Wirral. The awards will be presented on Friday, October 14, at Tranmere Rovers Football Club.
Wirral Sports Bursaries offer funding to individuals to support their progress in sport. Applicants must live in Wirral or represent a Wirral Club. Priority is given to members of clubs that are members of Wirral Sports Forum. This year, for the first time, there is no age restriction to applications.
Closing date is Friday, July 15, and the categories are:
- Coach of the Year: Presented to a coach in recognition of their involvement, dedication and achievement within their chosen sport.
- Club of the Year: Presented to the sports club that can demonstrate achievements/success and supports the development of players, coaches and volunteers within the Club.
- Volunteer of the Year: Presented to an individual who has made a significant contribution to their sport or club, i.e., committee member, fundraiser, administrator, official etc.
- Young Volunteer of the Year: Presented to a young person aged between 14 and 19 years who has made a significant contribution to sport as a volunteer.
- Young Sports Person of the Year: Presented to an individual, who is under 18, in recognition of their commitment and achievement in their chosen sport. Nominees should have achieved a high standard of performance at local, regional or national level.
- Lifetime Achievement Award: Presented to an individual who has provided an outstanding service to sport within Wirral over a long period of time.
- NEW for 2016: Special Recognition for Contribution to Sport (Wirral Sports Forum Members only). This will be awarded to a nominee selected by each Wirral Sports Forum member’s organisation.
All nominees and winners will be invited to a presentation awards evening to collect their awards. The Sports Award winners become Wirral’s nominations for the annual Merseyside Sports Awards later in the year.
For application forms and further information, or to join Wirral Sports Forum, please contact Dave Simmonds Community Sports Development Officer on 0151 666 4165 or email [email protected]