Wirral Connect, a registered charity and company limited by guarantee, is seeking to recruit a minimum of 4 new Trustees to its Board.
Whilst strongly-held values and an unerring respect for often vulnerable and marginalized communities are required, in this instance we particularly welcome applications from people with the following knowledge, skills and personal attributes:
- Charitable Governance
- Voluntary, Community and Social Enterprise Sector: Senior Management
- Business Development & Growth
- Grant Funding, Service Commissioning & Financial Management
- Health & Social Care
- ICT | Digital for Good
Wirral Connect was originally established in May 1991 as Wirral Council for Voluntary Service. At one time it provided infrastructure support services to the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector and was the leading volunteer centre on Wirral. In 2018 our core business now lies in delivering;
Carers Mentoring Project
Fully-funded through Big Lottery Reaching Communities (2015-2019). Working with a Steering Group that includes the representation of Wirral Council and carer/former carer organisations. Now in Year 3, the project is seeking to develop a sustainable legacy within this growing area of need.
Bereavement by Suicide Project
Funded through Big Lottery Awards for All and Community Foundation for Merseyside-managed funds. The project is a niche position within suicide pre/postvention support and is aligned with Cheshire & Merseyside No More – Zero Suicide Strategy.
Wirral Connect is recognised as a centre for delivery of accredited courses and qualifications.
Small-scale commission to support asset-based community development (ABCD) with disadvantaged communities on Wirral.
2017-2018 has seen a 50% reduction in staffing establishment with a concurrent refocus on business operations, strategic alignment, sector relationships and new business development. 2018 sees the organisation working towards PQASSO Level 1 Quality Mark. This will underpin the organisation’s approach to Quality via:
- clearer outcome planning and delivery;
- greater credibility and legitimacy with funders;
- more efficient systems;
- higher quality, user-centred services;
- better leadership and governance;
- more creative thinking, enabling new ways of working;
- a commitment to continuous improvement.
The charity’s managing agent is Involve Northwest www.involvenorthwest.org.uk, a formal relationship that brings strategic and operational oversight and very significant Added Value.
We are currently developing a full rebrand with an external agency; name change, revised Articles, Mission and Values, website and social media, etc. This is an exciting time for the charity.
To be a Trustee of Wirral Connect
You must be at least 18 years old and must not:
- have an unspent conviction for an offence involving dishonesty or deception (such as fraud);
- be bankrupt or have entered into a formal arrangement (e.g. an individual voluntary arrangement) with a creditor;
- have been removed as a company director or charity trustee because of wrongdoing.
As a trustee you will;
- Ensure Wirral Connect is carrying out its purposes for the public benefit and is fully accountable
- Comply with lawful governance
- Always act in the Charity’s best interests, supporting the organisations growth & development
- Manage resource allocations responsibly and act reasonably, honestly and with due care
- Monitor policy, procedure and protocol.
For further information see
Please submit a letter of application outlining your experience, interest and suitability for the post along with a CV to the Chair of Board of Trustees, Justine Molyneux, by email: [email protected]
Closing Date: Friday 20th April 2018, 5pm