A grant programme of £1.5million is available for organisations to run projects aimed at returners that:
- create new job opportunities within the private sector and targeted employment sectors, including retail; law; tech and telecoms; science, technology, engineering and maths industries; creative industries;
- could not otherwise be established by the market;
- address specific barriers for returners and can be replicated at scale;
- can demonstrate self-sustainability beyond the initial funding period of the grant;
- increase understanding of how best to support a) returners to gain paid employment and b) employers to recruit and support returners.
The Government Equalities Office defines a ‘returner’ as a person who left paid employment for at least a year to take on a caring responsibility and would like to return to paid work at a level commensurate with their skills and experience.
Expressions of interest for the first round of bidding must be submitted by March 30th and for the second round, by the 16th August