What is the focus of the fund: The Foundation has two primary aims:
- To support children and young people aged 11-25 and can consider community projects that focus on mental health and wellbeing
– Priority will be given to projects that support young people in crisis and prevention of suicide.
- To support older people and consider projects that help to reduce isolation, improve health, build friendships and help people to learn a new skill or develop a new interest.
How much is available: Grants of up to £1,000
Who can apply: Registered charities, community groups with a constitution or set of rules in the group’s name, social enterprises
Which areas are covered: Merseyside wide
Any special criteria: As this fund is focusing on supporting smaller grassroots organisations, applicants must have an annual income of under £100K to be considered for this fund
Examples of the sorts of projects that may be funded:
– Activities such sports, dance and fitness projects for older people
– Health awareness, advice and information for older people
– Healthy eating and cooking courses for older people
– Support groups and counselling services for children or young people with mental health issues
– Projects tackling the issue of bullying with young people
– Crisis support for young people and their family
Closing date: Tuesday 20th February 2018