Postcode Local Trust was established in 2015 to provide financial support for charities and good causes which help communities enhance their natural environment in a way that benefits the wider community.
Postcode Local Trust operates its own society lottery and receives all of its funding from players of People’s Postcode Lottery.
Postcode Local Trust seeks to find real solutions, which encourage communities to take a more active role in helping their local, natural environment. Postcode Local Trust seeks to support projects which benefit wildlife, enhance biodiversity, or repair/create new green habitats utilising the skills and enthusiasm of local, grass-roots organisations.
All applicants must read the Guidance Notes before applying – which give much more detailed information on eligibility.
Registered charities* in England, Scotland & Wales can apply from £500 – £20,000 (£10,000 in Wales) for projects meeting the above remit, whilst other organisations may apply for up to £2,000
The form is currently open until Friday 30th September at 5pm:
Applicants will then hear back within 10 weeks of the closing date on the outcome of their application.
If you wish to apply for a project which does not meet the above criteria, please click here to find details of other trusts with grant programmes supported by players of People’s Postcode Lottery.
Online Application Form
Our online application form is only available during the opening and closing dates of the funding rounds above. The main items of information that will be requested on the application form are:
- Your organisation’s contact details
- A description of your organisation
- A description of your project
- A description of how your project meets the themes of the Trust
- Expected outcomes and long term impacts of your project
- Total estimated cost of your project and the total amount requested from PLT
- Cost breakdown detailing every aspect you intend to spend the grant on
- Planned start and end dates of your project
- Details of other sources of funding for your project
- Details of how you intend to promote your project and acknowledge the support of players of People’s Postcode Lottery
Please note we do not require individuals/organisations to contact us in advance of an application to declare an initial expression of interest.
Whilst we try our best to answer as many queries as possible, during round opening our Trust Helpdesk receives an extremely high volume of calls – around 60% of which could be answered by simply consulting the Guidance Notes notes above.
If after consulting the Guidance Notes you still have questions, you can contact us by phone on 0131 555 7287 at the following times:
Mon: 10am-12pm and 2-5pm
Wed: 10am-12pm and 2-5pm
Thu: 10am-12pm and 2-5pm
Alternatively, you may contact us by email on [email protected]