All groups are eligible to apply for total grant funding of up to £9,000 over the three year programme from 2015-18.
Applications for grant for 2017-18 can be submitted from 1 February 2017 until 1 October 2017. Expenditure through a grant must be completed by 31 December 2017.
Examples of what you can use your grant for:
- Developing a website
- Training sessions for members of the steering group
- Help with putting together a project plan
- Undertaking a household survey
- Help with developing the evidence base
- Engaging a planning expert
- Venue hire, publicity materials, printing and other costs associated with consultation.
Further details on what you can and can’t apply for can be found in our Guidance Notes here.
See what other Neighbourhood Planning groups case studies spent their grant money on and how they budgeted for their neighbourhood plan.
Please do not start the application process until you have read our Guidance Notes thoroughly.
Key information for Neighbourhood Planning Grants:
- You can only apply for funds that you can spend within six months or before the end of the current financial year, whichever is the earliest
- You can only apply for between £1,000 and £9,000: If your application is not within this range it will be automatically rejected
- You cannot apply retrospectively for work that has already taken place
- You cannot apply for the cost of staff or volunteer’s time, except for specialist consultants
- If your group has already received £8,000 in funding and are still working on your plan, you may apply for further funding up to the maximum of £9,000 (or £15,000 for complex groups).
For more information and to apply please go to the funders website by clicking here.