The round is scheduled to open on Monday 14 August at 10am and close on Friday 15 September at 5pm. Express an interest in applying for our grants round.
In line with LandAid’s 2017-20 Strategy, we will invite organisations to apply for grants for building work for the refurbishment or the creation of bed spaces for young people who are homeless, or at severe risk of homelessness.
We invite applications for up to £75,000 for part or full funding for accommodation projects for one of the following types of building work:
- Refurbishment, conversion and extension of existing buildings – of empty properties and also not-previously-empty properties
- New building – using traditional methods built on site or using precision construction built off site in factories
In this round, we will not fund revenue costs.
The applications must meet the following criteria:
- We require that the applicant either owns or will be able to secure a minimum 8 year lease on the property or site.
- In our assessments, we will be looking for a strong track record of the accommodation provider in supporting vulnerable young people, demonstration that the project is both needed and is financially viable (the building project itself and the accommodation when it is in use).
- We will be seeking Value for Money per bed space. We will consider refurbishment building projects that cost up to £15,000 per bed space, where that cost covers the bedroom and also a related proportion of communal areas. We will consider costs for new building projects on a case by case basis.
- We are interested in funding in or near the UK’s major cities, where our supporters are based.
Apply for free property advice
We make it easy for charities in need of property advice to find talented professionals looking to volunteer their skills