Funding for Project that Support Children and Young People (UK) (Closing date:11th October 2016)
Registered Charities that work with young people have the opportunity to apply for grants through the DM Thomas Foundation for Young People (formerly the Hilton Foundation) Central Grants Programme.
- Registered Charities can apply for grants ranging from a few hundred pounds up to £30,000 per year for up to 2 years that are working in the areas of education or health with one of the Foundation’ four chosen focus groups. These are:
- Children and young people with disabilities;
- Children and young people who are sick in hospital;
- Employability and training programmes for disadvantaged young people;
- Children and young people who are life limited (requiring palliative care).
There is approximately £200,000 available to distribute each quarter. Grant applications for up to £5,000 can be approved by the Director; up to £10,000 can be approved by the Committee, and applications for more than £10,000 are recommended to the Trustees for final approval. There is no limit on the amount of money that a charity can request. However, the Foundation is a small charity and generally will not make awards of over £30,000 (per year). Funding can be requested for up to 2 years for any particular project.
The next closing date for applications is 5.30 pm on the 11th October 2016.