- This event has passed.
Let’s Talk Disability and Mental Health
April 18 @ 10:30 - 16:30
With the recent developments around disability equality, discrimination, and intersectionality, this conference aims to bring together experts in the field of disability equality, mental health and wellbeing to debate the key issues.
You will explore tangible solutions and ideas for change in your organisation as you work to promote inclusivity and respect for all.
With an increasing number of calendar days lost to sickness absence and stress, the speakers and the audience will in particular explore and debate how managers, lecturers and organisations can better support staff to have a sense of belonging, enjoy work and contribute more.
The debate will also consider whether or not the Equality Act 2010 has delivered on Disability Equality and Mental Health. The specialist Keynote speakers will share best practice – providing practical and workable solutions for public, private, education, health, and voluntary sector organisations.
Conference chair: Gary Graham (Deputy Chief Executive, Organisational Enhancement, LJMU)
Opening Speech: Professor Nigel Weatherill (Vice-Chancellor and Chief Executive, LJMU)
Keynote and guest speakers
- Gregor Henderson (National Lead for Mental Health and Wellbeing for Public Health)
- Professor Val Williams (Professor of Disability Studies at University of Bristol)
- Francesca Martinez (Comedian, Speaker, Actress, Writer)
- Professor Geoff Layer (Vice Chancellor – University of Wolverhampton and Chair, Disabled Student Sector Leadership Group)
- Rosie Tressler (CEO Student Minds)
- Ruth Gould MBE, Director of DaDaFest, Canon of Liverpool’s Anglican Cathedral and a Fellow of LJMU)
This is an all-inclusive event open to everyone (delegates with dependants/children are welcome – subject to proper supervision)
- Delegate tickets: £60*
- Concessions FE/HE students: £20*
- External Exhibitors: £85*
- LJMU Staff/Students: FREE – Please request an LJMU Staff/Student Event Registration Form from the EDI Team to secure your place: [email protected]
For further information and enquiries please email: [email protected]