Sixteen local organisations around Liverpool Bay are celebrating the news that they have been awarded grants as part of DONG Energy’s Burbo Bank Extension Community Fund.
The lucky recipients will each receive a share of the £112,500 windfall available under round three of the Fund.
Each year, approximately £225,000 will be made available for community projects for the expected 25 year lifetime of the Burbo Bank Extension offshore wind farm, which will benefit the local area.
The Fund which was only launched in May last year has already supported 46 worthwhile projects who have benefited from a shared £337,500.
The full list of organisations awarded grants under this round of the Community Benefit Fund are as follows:
- Feeding Britain, Birkenhead
- Denbighshire Home Start
- Friends of Prestatyn Railway Station
- Pirates At Art, New Brighton
- Wirhalh Skip Felagr, Wirral
- Amphibian and Reptile Conservation Trust, Denbighshire
- Vale of Clwyd Angling Club
- West Wirral Boys Club
- The Fillies Girls Football Club, Sefton
- Greasby Community Association
- Claire House, Hospice to Home Outreach Play
- Bidston Lighthouse CIC
- Bedford Street Community Company, Denbighshire
- Friends of Derby Park, Bootle
- Sandbox Digital, Bootle
- Crosby and District Scout Council
Natasha Nanuck, DONG Energy’s Stakeholder Advisor, said: “It is great to see another 16 worthy local causes will benefit as a result of the Burbo Bank Extension Community Fund providing a tangible way for the offshore wind farm to give something back to the community for many years to come.”
The fourth round of applications is now open and full details can be found by clicking here.
DONG Energy is currently constructing the Burbo Bank Extension offshore wind farm in Liverpool Bay, approximately 7km north of the North Wirral coast. Once completed, the wind farm will have a total capacity of 258MW, enough to provide power for over 230,000 homes.
The Burbo Bank Extension Offshore Wind Farm generated electricity for the first time in November 2016.