What is the focus of the fund: The Fund aims to support people aged 60+ and can consider community projects that focus on supporting health and wellbeing, tackle social isolation or help people to learn a new skill/develop an interest.
How much is available: Grants of up to £5000
Who can apply:Registered charities, community groups with a constitution or set of rules in the group’s name, social enterprises
Which areas are covered: Merseyside wide (including Halton)
Any special notes: Priority for this fund is to support smaller grassroots organisations. The majority of beneficiaries must be aged over 60.
Examples of the sorts of projects that may be funded:
– Mental health awareness, advice and information
– Support groups and help-line/counselling services
– Healthy eating and cooking courses
– Sports, dance, fitness projects
– Friendship/buddy schemes
– Regular group activities (including contribution to rent, instructor, transport costs)
Closing date: Friday 1st September 2017. Please note that decisions will be made in October so activities must take place after this.