The Co-op Local Community Fund is our way of giving back to our members and their communities.
Co-op members get 1% of everything they spend on Co-op products to give to a local cause that matters to them.
You can now apply to be one of these causes for the next round of funding, running from March to September 2017.
We’re looking for 3 projects in each of around 1,500 local communities across the UK. We’ll choose projects led by small, locally based organisations that:
- benefit the local community centred around Co-op food stores and funeral homes
- have the greatest possible benefit to their community
- make maximum use of the amount of funding available
Who can apply
You can apply if you’re:
- a registered charity
- a small charity registered with HMRC for tax
- a registered community amateur sports club
- a church that’s an ‘excepted’ charity
- a Scout or Guide group
Preference is given to organisations with an income of less than £1 million a year.
To qualify, your project’s main activity must:
- take place in the UK or Isle of Man
- not finish before October 2017
- not have religious or political aims (although we do consider projects led by religious organisations that benefit the wider local community)
- meet the Co-op’s values
You can’t use money from the fund to:
- solely pay for salaries or running costs of your organisation
- pay for projects that should legally be carried out by a public authority, eg a council
- make a donation to another organisation
If you need more information on the Local Community Fund then contact us.Email: [email protected]
Phone: 0800 0234 708